We rely on generous contributors like you for everything we experience at UCCB throughout the year: our worship, music, spiritual nurture, pastoral care, youth mission trips, and our ministries that serve those in need, both near and far.
Pledging is a key pillar of annual giving at UCCB, as it provides over 50% of our annual budget. We invite you to participate in the practice of gratitude by making a yearly pledge of financial support to our daily life and ministries. Your commitment in response to God’s blessings makes a tangible impact on our worship, community life, and outreach to our neighbors. Explore the Pledging FAQs to learn more about the critical role of pledging at UCCB.
Every Sunday we take a collection, called an offering, during morning worship. Some people take this opportunity to pay their pledge. Others make a donation by cash or check. These offerings are usually dedicated to our church’s ministries and missions. On occasion, we take a special collection for a specific cause, such as disaster relief or our Deacons’ Fund, which is dedicated to helping community members in need.
We participate as a congregation in five national and statewide UCC offerings:
- One Great Hour of Sharing contributes to emergency relief and disaster response, locally and globally.
- The Christmas Fund supplements pension and healthcare for retired clergy with little pension support.
- Neighbors in Need funds ministries of justice, compassion and advocacy.
- Strengthen the Church supports church renewal through leadership development for new congregations and youth programs.
- Pastoral Excellence Program develops, promotes, and sustains excellent pastoral leadership.
UCCB is proud to be a ‘5 for 5’ contributor to the national setting of the United Church of Christ.